Fine Food Australia is proud to present this one-day dedicated education session specifically for the Aged Care sector, focusing on the essentials of International Dysphagia Diet Standardisation Initiative (IDDSI). From May 1st, 2019 Australia introduced the new international food and drink classification system for anyone with swallowing difficulties (dysphagia), who requires texture modified foods and thickened fluids.
Fine Food Australia will host an IDDSI practical workshop, demonstration and networking session to understand and effectively implement the new international food and drink classification system used across all food service industries supporting aged care, community, and hospital groups. Presented by Bernadette Dutton, the Director and Principal of Loqui Speech Pathology.
What is Dysphagia?
- Understanding the new International Dysphagia Diet Standardisation Initiative (IDDSI)
- Understanding IDDSI industry labeling of textured foods and drinks
- Practical compliance testing for the new IDDSI standards
- Live demonstrations of making texture modified foods.
- IDDSI resources
- People who make or supply texture modified foods and thickened fluids for people with swallowing difficulties
- Catering managers and chefs making texture modified foods
- Food service providers, and catering organisations providing textured foods and fluids to the community, aged care homes, and hospitals.
- Aged care facility and clinical management.
Timetable of the day
- In-depth education session on IDDSI
- Demonstrations in the Fine Food kitchens with a chef
- Networking function.